Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, August 5, 2018

The Magical Vortexes of Sedona

Once again, fate, the universe, whatever you believe in or call it, showed me that sometimes you just have to let things happen and you can't plan it all - much as I try to.  I will probably always struggle with this  - but it makes me ME.

ANYHOW, Mom and I decided  we wanted to drive to Sedona for the day yesterday to get out of the heat. The forecast said 94 degrees which sounded heavenly. However, by the time we got up it there it was 103! So much for getting out of the heat..But compared to the 117 I saw on the way up, I guess technically it was "cooler" and it did not feel as oppressive.

We got a late start - Originally we planned to leave around 930a and just it was around 1145a when we left home. I had to smile because my Dad would probably have had a fit, but I a wise friend gave me some advice, to ask myself "In 100 Years, will it matter?" and the answer is a resounding NO. Sedona will still be there at 930a just as much as it will be at 12n. Had we left at the original, planned time - we most likely would not have been in Sedona at dinnertime and found the gem we stumbled on (more of that below).

Mom and I debated on whether or not to go and I figured it was still enough time for us to schmooze around and have a nice day. So off we went. The only way to get to Sedona is to go up I-17, and the only highway I hate more than I-10 is I-17, but it is what it is. We got stuck in I-17 traffic for about 30 miles for no reason - no accident, no broken down car. My suspicion is a slow moving truck that slowed everything down behind it.

We arrived in Sedona around 230pm, and stopped at each of the vistas/viewpoints to play tourist, admire the red rocks and scenery, and take some pictures. It was so relaxing and peaceful.

One of the stops we made was at the Chapel of the Holy Cross, a church built into the side of the redrocks. For some reason, I just felt called to stop there and admire the view. This feeling rang through the entire day in Sedona.



So, we stopped, took pictures, etc - then did some shopping as we moved around town to find the various rock formations (Snoopy, etc). We stopped at Tlaquepaque (another spur of the moment stop) - and ended up parking near a candle store. We walked into a store and walked out with a blue Star of David Candle for Mom and a Tiger Print candle for me.

We decided to have dinner before we left for the 2.5 hour drive home.."Downtown" Sedona was way too busy so we drove to another part of town that we hoped would be less busy. On a whim, I pulled into a strip shopping mall and parked..There was a place called "Cafe Jose" and when I looked it up, served Mexican food. It was a little hole in the wall type place. OH EMM GEE! Some of the best Mexican food I have ever had. They had me at homemade tortillas!! The fajitas were very delicious. It was a stop at a random place. Or was it?

The cinnamon they sprinkled on our sopapillas was even in the shape of a heart!
How sweet love is.















One definition of a vortex I found online: 
"Swirling centers of energy that are conducive to healing, meditation and self-exploration. These are places where the earth seems especially alive with energy. Many people feel inspired, recharged or uplifted after visiting a vortex."

The day was a phenomenal success. I felt the power of the vortexes in Sedona, because as we drove up I felt quite emotional, but even carrying forward into today - I have felt at peace. I saw evidence of My Dad's presence multiple times as we walked around and shopped in Sedona.


I told Mom the last time I was in Sedona was maybe 10 years ago..So I decided to look at my checking account this morning to see when was I truly last there - September 24, 2000 - 14 years to the DAY before of his death. WOW!

Those vortexes are magic!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment