Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Writing Challenge Day 4

Day 4: Write About Someone Who Inspires You

I write a lot about my Dad, but today I am going to write about my Mom.

My Mom inspires me by how she continues to go on since losing my Dad. Right after he died, she was my inspiration to continue going on, myself. We held each other up in those darkest moments.

She inspires me by dealing with her own issues she shows me how to fight back and not give in. There is so much she appears to just let go, I'm kind of envious of that because I take much to heart.

She inspires me because we are both highly empathic and compassionate, and with both of us in the same household, we tend to feed off each other - I can sense when something isn't right with her and vice versa. Her bad mood can affect mine, and vice versa. Yet through it all, there is nothing but love.

She inspires me with her love of travel and the awesome travel companion that she is and will be again when we can travel. She likes the same things I do. She complains that her feet hurt afterwards, but it still doesnt stop her from clocking 20,000 steps in London each day last November. We've gone whale watching and out to breakfast and to a favorite cupcake place in Orange County/Newport...to Ghirardelli for Ice Cream in San Francisco, to Maui, to London..We both travel as a method of dealing with our grief and learning how to go on..and how to distract ourselves. I started her travelling and now I kinda created my own monster LOL. But I love it!

She inspires me because she has a better immune system and seems healthier than I am. She loves sugar just as much as I do, but is able to control it better than I can.

She inspires me, because she is still here by my side 3 years later, and 46 years later, after I am sure I put her through some shit over the years.

I Love You, Mom. 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment