Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, March 27, 2017

What Can We Do?

"Life is about people. At the end of the day, we're here to connect love, time, death. Now these three things connect every single human being on earth. We long for love. We wish we had more time. And we fear death."
--Howard Inlet, "Collateral Beauty"

I have been through my share of challenges and struggles, but it seems the hardest of those to get through, live through, and learn to overcome, is when a loved one is challenged medically.

I have long been a "fixer".
My eternal goal is to "fix the problem" and help someone else out, make their life easier so we can go back to normal, regular, non-issue life.

I am a fixer at work; it's my job, and where my strengths lie. If there is a workaround to be published, I can find it, as one solution to a problem.

At home, when it comes to raising my two parental "kids" I feel like I'm at a huge disadvantage.

During a recent outburst, I exclaimed "I can't fix you. The only way I know how to fix you is to bring you to a doctor. 


Even if it's only temporary, at least it will provide some comfort because constant discomfort is not fair to you."

All I want to do is fix, fix, fix.


But I can't fix anymore than I can tell you why we're on the path we're on.

But what I can do is LOVE.


What I can do is show my love to those around me, 

and tell them how I feel while I still have that precious opportunity.

What I can do is cherish the time we get to spend together, 

because nothing lasts forever, 
and nearly everything is temporary.

Truly, it is what is.
We can't change it,
We can't fix it,
We can't undo it.

What we can do is make the most of time each of us have, each and every day.

That is what we can all do.



No comments:

Post a Comment